| December 28
Top 9 fixed income securities in India
investors vary in market fluctuations and seeking fixed returns are best suited
to invest in fixed-income securities. The Indian government along with
corporates have been supportive enough to create multiple options of such
characteristics to fulfill the required needs.
below-mentioned products are the top 9 investment options available in India
for a stronger and safer investment portfolio.
1. Public Provident Fund: The fund is backed by Government which
provides a competitive interest rate. The interest rates, principal amount, and
maturity are all exempt from taxes making them very popular among investors.
2. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: This is one of the fantastic
investment tools that enhance financial inclusions. With the deposit amount as
low as Rs. 250, it provides attractive interest rates for the girl child.
3. Senior Citizen Saving Scheme: The older group can invest for
a period of 5 years and enjoy a regular flow of income with interest.
4. Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana: This is a pension plan
sort of investment that gives a guaranteed return of 8%p.a for 10 years.
5. Debt Mutual Funds: The mutual funds that invest in the debts
of organizations like Government securities, corporate bonds, commercial paper,
treasury bills, etc.
6. Bank Fixed Deposits: One of the oldest and safest methods to
yield a specific rate of return is through bank FDs. However, currently, the
rate of return has dropped significantly making this less attractive.
7. National Saving Certificates: These are 5-year post office
saving scheme that offers 6.8% p.a currently. The interest for the first 4
years is reinvested while that of 5th year is taxable.
8. RBI taxable bonds: These are government-backed bonds that are
providing 7.75% p.a currently for a duration of 7 years.